Be aware of snow plows, safety vehicles, and other equipment during snow events. Follow these tips to ensure your safety and the safety of others:
- Do not follow too close behind snow removal vehicles and equipment. Equipment may be vehicles other than trucks. Stay back a minimum of 200 feet.
- Do not attempt to pass a plow. Plows cannot travel as fast as other vehicles during heavy snow events and active plowing operations
- Be watchful for abrupt maneuvers including stopping, backing, and turning. Snow plows are in service to maintain road conditions for safe travel.
- Remember to slow down and move over for highway maintenance vehicles and equipment, including tow truck operators. This law is not only for police, fire, EMS, or other emergency vehicles.
- Do not put snow into the street when plowing or shoveling your driveway. Putting snow into the street is against the law.