Did you know energy costs more in the summer? Overall customer demand for electricity is at its highest in the summer months because of increased air conditioning use. This increase in demand means the cost to serve you is also the highest in the summer and your bill is likely to increase during this time of year.
Summer is a great time to save. Here are some easy ways to save energy and lower your bill during the summer:
- Get a professional air conditioner tune-up. A well-working air conditioner can save 5-15% on cooling costs.
- Set your thermostat to at least 80 degrees when you are away.
- Install a smart programmable thermostat.
- Run your dishwasher only when it is fully loaded, and turn off the dry cycle. Air dry dishes instead.
- Close shades and blinds during the day to block some of the sun’s warmth
- Use ceiling fans. The air movement in the room can make it feel four degrees cooler.
- Change to LED bulbs. They use less energy and give off far less heat.
Avoid unpredictable utility bills and make balancing your budget a little easier. Pay the same amount each month, based on the average of your actual bill charges during the previous 12 months. Your utility bill will show how much energy you used, but some months you will pay less for what you actually used and some months you will pay more. Contact Lodi Utilities for details.