Goeres Park Pool
|Other Link||Goeres Park Pool FAQ|
- Locker Room
About the Pool
The Goeres Park Swimming Pool is typically open from mid-June to the end of August. Admission to the pool is free, and all are welcome. The swimming pool is not heated. For this reason, the pool will not open if the high temperature forecast is below 70°F.
Donations are accepted in the donation box at the pool or contributions can be given at City Hall and applied to the pool fund to support operations. Large groups with 25 or more swimmers should contact City Hall with the date and time they plan to arrive to verify the pool can be staffed appropriately.
- Arrive ready to swim
- Pack a chair
- Bring a water bottle filled with water
- Stay home if feeling sick or ill
At the Pool
- All patrons must sign in immediately upon entry to the pool
- Pool capacity will be reduced per state regulations regarding lifeguard to patron ratio
- Use hand sanitizer after contact with common surfaces
- Maintain proper hygiene, including washing hands, covering coughs, and covering sneezes
- The pool offers changing areas, chairs, umbrellas, and restrooms
- For easy accessibility, the pool has a zero-depth entry with wading area and a street-level entrance
- Band-Aids are not allowed in the pool
- Deck chairs are limited
- Access to showers and restrooms is available
Please be aware patrons cannot enter if the pool reaches capacity. The pool will be cleared each day for regularly scheduled 15-minute breaks. Breaks are scheduled daily at 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Pool capacity is determined by a state mandated patron to lifeguard ratio.
Spray sunscreen lotions will not be allowed in the pool facility or on the approaching sidewalks. They may be sprayed out on the grass prior to entering the pool.
Flotation devices such as a life jacket, aqua jogger belt, or water wings with a chest float (a.k.a. puddle jumpers) are acceptable to wear in the pool. Regardless of the type of flotation device a child wears, children under five must have an adult in the water with them at all times.
Flotation toys are prohibited; however, small toys and buckets are allowed.
Food, beverages (except water), tobacco/vape products, and controlled substances are prohibited in the pool facility.
Sign up for Pool Alerts to receive an email or text message notification when the pool is going to be closed for weather, low temperatures, or safety reasons. When possible, alerts will be issued via email and text message by 11:00 a.m. The alerts will also display at the top of this website.